Made in the image and likeness of God My name makes me unique Psalms 139:13 & Genesis 1:27
- God created us in his image and likeness.
- We all have a name.
- God has written our name on the palms of his hand.
- People call us by our name.
- Our names make us different from other people.
- Our names are unique.
- Our names also make us special.
- I am special because god created me in his image. He also knows my name.
I am unique and special to god Psalms 139:13 & Genesis 1:27
- We all have things that make us different from others.
- God created both male and female to look like himself.
- God created us in his image and likeness.
- Although we may look different from each other, we all look like God.
- God created all parts of our bodies.
- He created us before we were born. We are special to God
- He loves us the way we are.
- We should love ourselves and thank God for creating us.
- We should love and respect, even when they look different from us.
OUR THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS Good thoughts and feelings Philippians 4:4 & Ephesians 4:26
- We all have thoughts and feelings.
- We should try to always have good thoughts and feelings.
- Bad thoughts make us to have bad feelings.
- When we have bad feelings, we can do things that hurt others or ourselves.
- When we feel bad, we should do things that make us feel good.
- Good thoughts make us have good feelings.
- Good thoughts make us do good things.
- These include
- loving others
- sharing items with others
- being kind to others
- helping those in need
- helping our parents
- respecting our elders
- Good thoughts make us feel good about ourselves and others.
- When we face difficulties that make us have bad thoughts, we should pray to God.
- He will give us peace and joy.
- We should rejoice in the lord because god can solve our problems.
COPING WITH EMOTIONS Philippians 4:4 & Ephesians 4:26
- We cope with our emotions by doing things that make us happy.
- These things include
- Reading an interesting storybooks
- Playing with our friends
- Telling someone we trust about our feelings
- Listening to favourite songs or playing a game we enjoy
- Forgiving those who wrong us.
- Anger can make us commit sin
- When we are angry, we should not let our anger make us do evil or bad things.
- We should not be angry at others for a long time.
- We should talk and make peace with them before the day ends If other people do things that make us angry we should forgive them.
- We should not make them angry as well
- When we forgive those who wrong us, we fell happy.
- We also feel at peace with ourselves and with others.
MAKING CHOICES Right and wrong choices Philippians 4:4 & Ephesians 4:26
- A choice is something we decide to do.
- Making choice means deciding to do one thing instead of another.
- We make choices all the tie.
- We choose what to wear, what to say, what to eat, what to do and who to play with.
- Some choices we make are right while some are wrong.
- Right choice makes us happy. They also make God and people happy.
- They are choices that show obedience to the word of God.
- Right choices include
- Obeying our parents and teachers
- Sharing with others
- Helping others
- Forgiving those who wrong us
- Respecting others
- Wrong choice hurt us. They make us suffer.
- They also make other people unhappy.
- Wrong choices include
- Not telling the truth
- Disobeying our elders
- Not doing homework
- Abusing others
- Beating others
EFFECTS OF OUR CHOICES Philippians 4:4 & Ephesians 4:26
- When we make right choices we become responsible.
- Other people begin to trust us.
- God wants us to make right choices in our lives.
- When we make wrong choices, we feel bad and may hurt others.
- We may also be punished.
- We make God unhappy when we make wrong choices.
MY FAMILY Ephesians 6:1-3
- A family is a group of people related to each other.
Family members Members of the nuclear family
- Nuclear families are father, mother and children.
- Father and mother are our parents.
Members of the extended family
- Nuclear family and their relatives form an extended family.
- Our relatives are all people in the families of our parents and their children.
- Our relativities include our great grandparents, grandparents, our uncles, our aunts and our cousins.
The family tree Ephesians 6:1-3
- Members of a family can be arranged on a family tree.
- A family tree shows the members of a nuclear family and embers of their extended family.
- A family tree shows how members of a family are related.
- It shows members of a family starting from the eldest to the youngest.
- A family tree helps us to understand how we are related to other members of our family.
Respecting family members Ephesians 6:1-3
- We should tell our family members the truth.
- We should also listen to them when they speak to us.
- When we respect our family members, we live together in peace and unity.
- We also love each other and care for each other. This makes everyone in the family happy.
- The bible tells that obeying our parents is one of Gods’ commandments. God wants us to obey our parents.
- God promises us if we respect our parents, we will live happily.
- He also promises that we will live for a long time.
Protecting myself from sexual abuse
- Sexual abuse is any sexual activity that you do not agree to.
Sexual misuse practices
- Fornication – sexual intercourse among unmarried people e.g. a school boy and school girl.
- Incest – sex among closely related family members
- Homosexuality – sex between man and man or boy and man or boy and boy.
- Adultery – sex out of marriage.
- Bestially – sex between man and animals.
- Prostitution – providing sex for money and other material gain.
- Rape/defilement – sexual harassment
The story of Amnon and Tamar 2 Samuel 13:4-14
- Amnon, He was king David’s son.
- Amnon, committed incest when he slept with his half sister, Tamar.
- Amnom love his half sister, Tamar. He became ill because he knew he could not be with her.
- Tamar was a virgin and was not allowed to be with boys or men.
- Amnon’s cousin, Jonadab, advised Amnon to pretend that he was sick.
- He would then ask his father, King David, to send Tamar to his house to prepare some food and feed him.
- Tamar went to Amnon’s house and baked some cakes.
- She went to Amnon’s room to feed him.
- Amnon asked her to send everyone out of the house.
- Amnon and Tamar were left alone.
- Amnon could not control his desire to sleep with Tamar.
- He asked her to sleep with him but she refused. Amnon faces Tamar into bed and raped her.
- Tamar’s brother was Absalom.
- Absalom revenged by killing Amnon.
Lessons we learn from the story of Amnon and Tamar
- Rape is an evil. It is a type of sexual abuse. It is a sexual sin.
- We should be careful when left alone with people of the opposite sex.
- We should control our emotions so that we do not end up doing bad thigs to others.
- If someone tells us to do something wrong, we should not end up doing it.
- We should always protect ourselves from sexual abuse.
- It is wrong for people to touch us inappropriately.
- Sexual abuse can harm our bodies and hurt our feelings.
We can protect ourselves from sexual abuse by
- Not walking alone n strange or unsafe places
- Not going into a lonely room with someone of the opposite sex Ø Shouting for help if we are touched in a manner that is not proper.
- Not accepting gifts from strangers
- Not meeting people of the opposite sex alone.
My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit
1 Corinthians 6:19
- We should keep our bodies holy.
- To touch someone inappropriately is to touch someone in a way that is not proper.
- Touching people inappropriately is a form of sexual abuse.
- When touch inappropriately we should report t someone we trust.
- We should trust people who always protect us from danger.
- Some of these people are
- Our parents or guardians
- Our teachers in school
- Police officer
- The chief and other leaders
- Church leaders like pastor, priest
Attributes of God
- God has certain characteristics
- Attributes of God are the qualities or characteristics of God.
- Attribute of God help us to understand God’s nature and respect Him.
- These attributes include
- God is the sole creator
He created heaven and earth and everything in it
- God is loving
God love everything he created
- God is holy
God does not sin. He wants us to live a holy life
- God is omnipresent (everywhere)
- God is powerful (Omni-potent)
- Free CBC Grade 4 Exams