INTERDEPENDENCE OF PEOPLE
- Interdependence means depending on each other.
- In our county people depend on each other
- For example we go to the market to buy what we do not have. Other people go to the market to sell what they have in excess.
- We all need each other.
- Life becomes easier and enjoyable when we depend on each other.
Ways in which people depend on each other
People also depend on each other through various means. They include:
Benefits of interdependence
- It promotes love and unity among people
- It brings development e.g. the development of roads which connect different communities.
- It discourages tribalism, racism and corruption
- It leads to the exchange of culture, goods and services.
- Through interdependence people are able to
- Live in unity
- Get assistance or support
- Appreciate each other’s culture
- Do what they cannot do on their own
- Get what they do not have
- Get new ideas and knowledge
- Population refers to the number of people living in a given/particular place
- Population distribution refers to how people are spread over in an area
Population distribution in the county
- Population of our county is not evenly distributed
- Some areas are;
- Sparsely populated
- Medium/moderately populated
- Densely populated
- Areas with many houses are densely populated.
- Areas with few houses are sparsely populated.
- Areas with few houses far away from each other are unevenly distributed.
Common patterns of population distribution
- Linear pattern – this is where the houses are arranged in a line.
- Clustered pattern – this is where houses are close to each other.
- Scattered pattern – this is where the houses are spread out.