Specific Learning Outcomes for Sub-strand 2.3 Care for the teeth
By the end of the sub strand the learner should be able to;
- name items used to clean their teeth,
- talk about items used to clean their teeth
- clean teeth appropriately for personal hygiene
- tell appropriate times for cleaning the teeth
Suggested Learning Experiences
• Learners are guided to name items used to clean their teeth
- Learners listen to a resource person talk about items that are used to clean their teeth
- Learners imitate cleaning
- Learners be guided to talk about appropriate times for cleaning their teeth
- Learners watch videos on cleaning of teeth
- Learners sing songs
related to care for the teeth
Key Inquiry Question(s)
1. What items are used to clean the teeth?
- What should we do in order to keep our teeth healthy?
- Why do we clean our teeth?
- When do we clean our teeth?
Core-Competence to be developed:
- Learning to learn-sorting things that are used to clean our teeth
- Communication and collaboration-discussion
Link to Pertinent and Contemporary Issues(PCI’s):
- Learner Support Programme (LSP)- guidance: grooming, and etiquette
- Health Education -Hygiene
- Life skills- making good choices
Links to other subjects:
• Language, Psychomotor and creative activities music and movement
Suggested Non formal Activity to support learning:
• Parental engagement- parents should be sensitized to give learners appropriate items to clean their teeth.
• Tooth brushing materials, water, videos, charts, salt Resource persons e.g. a dentist
Link to values:
Suggested community Service learning activities:
• Health clubs
- Oral questions
Suggested Assessment Rubrics
Able to tell the importance of cleaning their teeth, ability to clean the teeth using appropriate items, maintain a hygiene in storing items.
Able to tell the importance of cleaning their teeth, ability to clean the teeth using appropriate items.
Able to tell the importance of cleaning their teeth, ability to clean the teeth using appropriate materials.
Unable to clean their teeth.