CBC PP1 Curriculum Design: sub strand 3.5- visual Memory
Specific learning outcomes
By the end of the sub-strand, the learner should be able to:
a) Recall objects, colours and pictures in class.
b) Recall letters of the alphabet in books and charts.
- Talk about what they have seen in class.
- Enjoy participating in visual memory activities in and out of class.
Suggested learning experiences
• In pairs or small groups, learners could be engaged in visual memory games.
• In pairs, learners could be guided to play letter memory games.
- Learners could view items in a learning corner within the class and asked to recall they what they saw.
- Learners could be guided to view a video clip showing sets of three to five objects, pictures or letters and be guided to recall the objects, pictures or letters.
- Learners could look at pictures on a page for a while, then close the page and recall the pictures they have seen.
- In pairs and small groups, learners could be engaged in interactive digital visual memory games.
- Learners could be encouraged to recall what they saw e.g.at home or on the way to or from school
Key inquiry question
1. What do you see around class?
2. What activities enhance visual discrimination in children?
Core-competence: Communication and collaboration, learning to learn, digital literacy, critical thinking and problem solving.
Link to PCI: Citizenship: Social Integration
Life skills: Effective communication, Problem solving,
Link to Values: Unity, Integrity , Responsibility
Link to other activity areas:
Psychomotor and Creative Activities, Environmental and Social Activities
Suggested Community Service Learning
Organize for learners to visit a children’s home and play visual memory games with the children.
Suggested Non- Formal Activity to support learning through application
Learners could be guided to walk around the school compound and later recall what they have seen.
Suggested assessment: Oral questions, observation, portfolio
Teaching /Learning Resources: Language games, pictures, objects, video clips, flashcards, radio programmes, ICT devices
Suggested Assessment Rubrics
Consistently recalls colours, pictures and all letters of the alphabet in class.
Recalls colours, pictures and most letters of the alphabet in class.
Recalls colours, pictures and some letters of the alphabet in class.
Is able to recall colours and pictures but not letters of the alphabet in class.