PP1 Curriculum Design: sub strand 2.4 Number Sequencing
Specific Learning Outcomes
By the end of the sub-strand, the learner should be able to:
a) identify number symbols 1-9 as indicated on number cards or charts for development of numeracy skills and for ordering numbers
b) arrange number cards in sequence 1-9
c) arrange number cards in sequence for completing sequence puzzles
d) enjoy arranging numbers in sequence in their day to day life.
Suggested Learning Experiences
• Learners randomly pick number cut outs/number cards from a pile and identify the number
• Learners demonstrate arranging numbers in sequence 1-9
• A few learners demonstrate arranging numbers 1-9 in sequence
• In pairs or groups, individually, learners complete missing numbers in sequence by placing the appropriate number cards or cut outs
• Learners sing songs on number sequence comprising numbers 1-9.
• Learners to complete number puzzles using ICT devices
• Learners to arrange numbers in sequence from 1-9 using ICT devices
• Learners to find the missing number in given sets of numbers using ICT devices.
Key Inquiry Questions
- Which number can you
see on this card I am holding?
- Which number comes before this number?
- Which number comes after this number?
• Critical thinking and problem solving when identifying number and filling missing number in a sequence
• Communication and collaboration when working in pairs or groups
Link to PCIs:
- Citizenship: communication and collaboration as they work in groups.
- Life skills: critical thinking and problem solving.
- Values: Love, sharing and turn taking.
Link to other activity areas: Environmental
Suggested community services: – non-formal activity to support learning through application: Learners to collect and re-use materials such as old cartons, empty plastic water bottles from the environment.
Suggested Assessment Rubrics:
Identify number symbols 1-9 and beyond as indicated on number cards
Arrange number cards for numbers 1-9 and beyond in a sequence
Complete missing numbers 1-9 and beyond in sequence
Enjoy arranging numbers in sequence 1-9 and beyond
Identify number symbols 1-9 as indicated on number cards
Arrange number cards for numbers 1-9 in a sequence
Complete missing numbers 1-9 in sequence
Enjoy arranging numbers in sequence 1-9
Identify number symbols 1-6 as indicated on number cards
Arrange number cards for numbers 1-6 in a sequence
Complete missing numbers 1-6 in sequence
Enjoy arranging numbers in sequence 1-6