Business Questions For Strand 1 and Stand 2
STRAND 1: BUSINESS AND MONEY MANAGEMENT SKILLS
1. State the meaning of Business Studies.
2.List FOUR components of Business Studies.
- State FOUR reasons why it is important to learn Business Studies.
- State FOUR career opportunities related to Business Studies.
- Explain what you would like to be when you complete your studies.
- How is your dream career important in the society?
- State 4 types of business activities that may take place in a community?
- Outline the various uses of money.
- Name the security features on Kenyan currency notes that can be identified by feeling.
- Name the security features, on Kenyan currency notes, which can be identified by holding up the note against the light.
- Name the Big Five Animals that appear on Kenyan Currency.
- Name the themes that are expressed in the Kenyan Currency.
- On the Kenyan currency nofes, there is an image of a dove. What does this dove symbolize?
- One of the themes represented on the Kenyan currency is governance. What is the symbol for governance on the currency?
- Match the following themes and symbols on the Kenyan currency correctly.
- Define the term goal.
- Explain the term personal goal.
- Outline the importance of setting personal goals.
- What are the factors to be considered when setting personal goals?
- Why is it necessary to write down personal goals?
- State FOUR areas in which we can set personal goals.
- Give three examples of talents.
- Give three examples of abilities.
- (a) identify a talent or ability that you have (b) What career opportunity options can you pursue?
(c) Explain how the career can benefit the society.
4. Match the ethical issue in column A with the correct way of dealing with it in column B.
|Ethical Issue (A)||How to deal with it (B)|
|Discrimination||Business should treat their employees, customers and suppliers equally equally without bias|
|Harassment||Business should have regulations and procedures intended to prevent accidents or injuries in workplaces|
|Health and safety||Business should practice fairness in employment|
|Nepotism and Favouritism||Business should treat their employee, customers and suppliers equally without intimidation.|
Grade 7 (JSS) Business Topical Questions and Answers
STRAND 2: BUSINESS AND ITS ENVIRONMENT
- What is the difference between wants and needs?
- Make a list of five wants.
- Make a list of five needs.
- What is the meaning of the following terms: (a) Scarcity (b) Choice | (c) Scale of preference (d) Opportunity cost
- Make a list of free goods.
- State some of the business activities that are carried out near your school.
- List five types of wholesalers.
- List four types of retail traders with shops.
- State FOUR advantages of supermarkets.
- State the meaning of the term goods.
- List four types of goods.
- State the meaning of the term services.
- State FOUR differences between goods and services.
- Where can you buy the following items:
- Books and pencils
- A hand saw
- A bottle of soda
- A plate of food
- A cow
- A Jembe
- List examples of the goods that are found in your home.
- List examples of services that are provided in the community around your school.
- State three types of services that may be offered to a person directly.
- List FOUR examples of producer goods.
- What are economic resources?
- What are the characteristics of economic resources?
- State the classifications of economic resources.
- State four sustainable ways of using the renewable resources.
- Explain four reasons why economic resources are importation.
- List two classifications of natural resources.
ASSESSMENT 2 4
- State the meaning of communication in business.
- What is communication?
- Identify ICT tools used in business communication.
- List three essentials of effective communication.
- List here forms of communication.
- What is effective communication?
- State five factors that one may Consider when choosing a means of communication.
- State the meaning of the term production.
- Name four factors of production.
- State the reward of each factor of production.
- List 5 consumer concerns that should be addressed in production of goods and services.
1. State the meaning of each of the following terms:
- State FOUR ICT platforms used in marketing of goods and services.
- List FOUR factors considered when selecting a suitable market for goods and services.
- What is an online market?
- What is advertising?
- Wendy has imported clothes for sale from Turkey. She does not want to open a physical shop to sell the clothes.
(a)How can she sell the clothes without opening a physical shop?
(b)Which ICT platforms can she use for selling the clothes?
STRAND 3: GOVERNMENT AND GLOBAL INFLUENCE IN BUSINESS
- Identify the legal requirement to start and operate a simple business in Kenya.
- What are the requirements for registering a business name?
- State 3 ways in which the government regulate business activities.
- Where can one register a business name?
- State 4 government initiated methods of consumer protection.
1. State the meaning of the following terms
- What are public goods?
- Give Examples of public goods in your locality.
- Explain the dangers of not paying taxes on time.
- State two benefits of paying taxes.
- State two categories of taxes.
- State two examples of indirect taxes.
- State two main sources of government revenue in Kenya.
STRAND 4: FINANCIAL RECORDS
1.List two types of business transaction,
- State FOUR documents used in business transactions.
- Why should a seller issue a receipt to a buyer?
- State the reason why a seller may send an invoice to a buyer.
- State five methods that may be used in making payments for goods and services.
- State three parties to a cheque.