GRADE 7 TOPICAL REVISION QUESTIONS.
STRAND 1:SOCIAL STUDIES
1. Write the meaning of the following words
- Social studies
- Write two ways how gender Stereotype related to career choice and entrepreneur opportunities can be addressed.
- Identify 3 ways in which studies can promote social cohesion in the society.
- State down some of the career and entrepreneur activities in the box below Career Entrepreneur activities activities
- Explain two importance of social studies for personal development.
- Explain two importance of social studies for the service of humanities.
- Identify appropriate ways of addressing gender stereotype in relation to social studies.
STRAND 2: NATURAL AND HISTORIC BUILT ENVIRONMENTS IN AFRICA
- Name the following weather instruments
- Describe factors to consider when siting a weather station.
- Describe how you can make an improvised wind vane.
- Name 3 significance of weather to human beings.
- Highlight the elements of weather In the environment.
- Define the following words
- Rotation of the earth.
- Revolution of the earth
- What position ts the earth in the solar system?
- Name all the planets found in the solar system.
- Draw, color, name and explain the 3 layers found in the internal structure of the earth.
- What causes day and night?
- Describe in details the shape of the earth
- Explain how the earth originated according to the passing Star theory.
- Differentiate between an atlas map and a Sketch map.
- Give two differences between a map and a picture.
- Differentiate between longitudes and latitudes
- Name countries that have been shaded from the map below that make Africa
- Outline three importance of a map in today’s life
- Highlight the three types of a map.
- Highlight three sources of unwritten information.
- Distinguish between primary and secondary sources of information.
- Name two ways you can preserve sources of historical information.
- Give two significance of the historical information
Grade 7 (JSS) Social Studies Topical Revision Questions and Answe
STRAND 3: PEOPLE AND POPULATION
1. Explain the following forms of slavery
- slaves for sacrifice
- Local slave trade
- Captives of war
- Forced marriages
- Domestic servitude
- Describe three factors that led to the development of the Indian ocean Slave trade.
- Outline how human dignity can be promoted. 4. Explain the following meaning
- Population distribution
- Describe the human origin among the Zulu Community
- Explain three factors that proves that Africa is the Cradle of Human being
- What factors led to the growth of the Ancient Egypt. Give explanations
- Describe the social organizations among the Asante community.
- Name four desirable personal attributes in & multicultural society
- What are the causes of conflict in our schools?
- Explain ways on how you will promote peace at our homes
- Name three types of settlement patterns in Africa.
- Identify 4 importance of conducting field work study.
- Discuss the challenges experienced during fieldwork.
STRAND 4: RESOURCES AND ECONOMIC ACTIVITIES
1. Define the following words
- Economic activities
- Outline some of the animals kept and crops grown in Ancient Egypt
- Name and describe the 2 methods of irrigation used in Ancient Egypt
- Describe the economic activities practised by the Ogiek community
- Explain the term hunters and gatherers
- Highlight three transformation brought by the introduction of money in Africa.
- Explain how you will use the following resources sustainably.
STRAND 5: POLITICAL DEVELOPMENT AND GOVERNANCE
1. Explain the political organization among the
- Ogiek community
- Zulu community
- Asante community
- What does the word scramble mean?
- Describe the following various European groups that came to Africa
- European explorers
- European Missionaries
- European traders
- Explain factors that led to the presence of Europeans in Africa
- Outline countries which were colonized by Italy
- State 2 importance of the constitution of Kenya
- Explain what democracy means
- Describe the parliamentary Democracy practised in Kenya
- What is the importance of democracy in the society?
- Identify the characteristics of the following types of democracy
- Liberal democracy
- Representative democracy
- Parliamentary Democracy
- Presidential democracy
- Describe the social, economic and cultural rights of a human being
- What does the word Diaspora mean?
- State positive effects of globalization
- What are the qualities of a global citizen in the modern society?
- Describe 5 challenges of OAU as an organization
- Explain 5 achievements of AU organization