GRADE 7 TOPICAL REVISION QUESTIONS.
STRAND 1 : SCIENTIFIC INVESTIGATION
Test yourself Assessment 1.1
1.What is integrated science?
2.List components of integrated science you know?
3.How is the knowledge acquired in integrated science useful in our daily life?
4.What career opportunities are developed by learning integrated Science?
Test Yourself 1.2
- How do accidents happen in the laboratory?
- What safety measures should be considered while constructing a laboratory?
- What is a laboratory?
4.List 5 common hazards and accidents in a laboratory.
9. Draw a hazardous pictograms for
- a burn from a scald
- Laceration and a puncture
- State key steps to first aid.
- Give 5 rules that should be followed and observed while in the laboratory.
- What are the first aid measures to take for?
- Electrical shock
- Eye damage
10. What are some of the importance of Laboratory safety measures?
Test yourself 1.3
- What are basic science skills?
- What is inferring as a basic skill?
- Give 2 examples of basic skills activities for
- Fill in the correct basic skill according to the description given.
Basic skill Description
Stating the outcome of future, event based on a pattern of evidence.
Sorting, grouping, and arranging based similarities and differences
Using words, or symbols to describe an action object or event Using standard and nonstandard measures to describe dimensions.
Explanation of observations and data.
Use of five senses to derive characteristics of living organisms
- How are basic skills in science important in daily life?
- How is science information communicated?
Test yourself Assessment 1.4
- What is an apparatus?
- List apparatus for each of the following
- Apparatus for putting liquids/solids for Heating
- Apparatus for Measuring mass
- Apparatus for measuring Temperature
- Apparatus for measuring Length
Test yourself. Assessment 1.5
- Define a Microscope.
- State functions of a microscope.
- Differentiate between a condenser and an Abbe condenser.
4.What is the magnification power of the objective lenses?
5. Objective lenses have a magnification power of 40X to 100X.
6.Why is the rack stop included in the microscope from the factory, and can it be replaced?
- What is a magnification power?
- Differentiate between the fine and the coarse adjustment knobs.
- List down the 18 parts of a Microscope.
- List down the 3 structural parts of a microscope.
11.Identify five rules that should be observed when handling the microscope.
Grade 7 (JSS) Integrated Science Topical Questions and Answers
Test yourself assessment 1.6
1.What are the basic measures that should be considered when Storing different laboratory apparatus?
- Label the parts of the Bunsen burner below.
- Describe how to use a Bunsen burner safely.
- Why is a wire gauze used during heating of a substance on a flask?
STRAND 2: MIXTURES, ELEMENTS AND COMPOUNDS
Test yourself Assessment 1.7
- What is a mixture?
- Classify the following
i. Homogenous solution from Heterogeneous. ii. Pure and impure substances
3.What method of separation can we recover
a.a solute from a solution
- solid particles in a liquid
- oil and water
- beans from iron particles
- oil from nuts
4. What should be considered when separating various mixtures?
Test yourself Assessment 1.8
1. Define an Acid, a Base and an indicator. 2. Give examples of
- Common acids
- Common bases/alkaline
- What are the differences between a universal indicator and a pH scale?
- Give examples of application of acids, bases and indicators in real life.
- How can you identify a substance as being acidic or basic?
- What is the significance of acids and bases?
Test yourself Assessment 1.9
- Identify the main sources of water in the community.
- How can we separate clean water from solid in the dirty water?
- Why do we use charcoal in a homemade water filter?
- What are some of the factors that make communal water dirty?
- How can the community be sensitized on the importance of river water?
STRAND 3: LIVING THINGS AND THEIR ENVIRONMENT
Test yourself Assessment 1.10
- What is menstruation?
- Discuss challenges related to the menstrual cycle.
4. Explain the movement of sperm.
- What is excretion?
- Why is excretion important to the human body?
- What does the skin excretes?
- Which are the main organs of excretion?
9. Identify healthy lifestyle to promote kidney and skin.
6. Draw and label parts of the skin.
STRAND 4: FORCE AND ENERGY
Test yourself Assessment 1.12
- What is static electricity?
- How do materials get charged?
- What are the dangers of static charges?
- What are examples of static electricity?
- How is lightning an example of static electricity?
- Where can you apply static electricity?
- State safety precautions during lightning.
Test yourself Assessment 1.13
1.Name types of electric current,
2.What are the sources of electricity?
- What are the differences between conductors and non-conductors of electricity?
- Differentiate between bulbs arranged in series and parallel.
- What are Semiconductors?
- Define an electric appliance.
- Identify safety measures to observe when using electrical appliances.
Test yourself assessment 1.14
1.What is Magnetism?
2.How do we identify magnetic materials in our environment?
- State the law of magnetism.
- Identify uses of magnets in a day-today life.
- Give application of magnets in day-today life.