Specific Learning Outcomes
By the end of the sub strand, the learner should be able to:-
- construct simple sentences about objects in the classroom, with correct subject-verb agreement for effective communication,
- Recognise correct use of subject-verb agreement to in statements and questions,
- appreciate the importance of subject verb agreement for fluency.
Suggested Learning Experiences
- Learners construct appropriate sentences on pictures showing singular and plural subjects.
- Learners are guided to construct sentences about actions demonstrated by one or many learners.
- Learners engage in simple question and answer dialogues about available realia representing singular and plural objects.
- Learners construct sentences using items with singular and plural subjects at home.
Key Inquiry Question(s)
- What is Sarah doing?
- What are Sarah and Farah doing?
- What are you doing?
Core Competences to be developed: Communication and collaboration through question and answer dialogues; Learning to learn by constructing sentences about subjects in school and at home.
Link to PCIs: Life skills; Effective communication
Links to other subjects : Kiswahili, Literacy and numbers in
Suggested non-formal activity to support learning: Constructing sentences about things found at home like plates, cups, knife, pot
Suggested Learning Resources: Realia, charts with illustrations, pictures/ photographs, computer devices with audio/visual recordings of words and phrases with subject – verb agreement.
Values: Unity, Respect
Suggested Community Service Learning activities: Helping peers to communicate better through support in English language,
Suggested assessment: Oral questions, portfolio, observation
Suggested Formative Assessment Rubric
Learner always constructs correct sentences with different subjects and verbs to communicate effectively.
Learner constructs correct sentences with different subjects and verbs to communicate effectively.
The learner sometimes constructs correct sentences with different subjects and verbs to communicate effectively.
The learner rarely constructs correct sentences with different subjects and verbs to communicate effectively.