Religious activities at the pre-primary level comprise learning about the supernatural being (Allah S.W.T.). The aim of Islamic religious education activities at the pre-primary level is to develop awareness and appreciation of the generosity, love and care of Allah (S.W.T.) to all His creation. This will enable children acquire the values of sharing, care, respect, love, empathy, obedience, kindness, being social, helping those in need and the ability to tell right from wrong. These activities are geared towards the continuous moral and spiritual development of young children. Children need to participate in activities that integrate religion and moral values. Teachers should help them appreciate people of different religious backgrounds and inculcate these values at an early age so that they can grow up as upright members of the society.
GENERAL LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of Early Years Education, the learner should be able to:
- exhibit basic literacy skills in Arabic alphabet
- recite short selected Surah with confidence
- demonstrate love, appreciation and awareness of Allah (S.W.T.) and His creation
- demonstrate love and appreciation for Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) by emulating his actions
- practice Islamic etiquettes and values for interpersonal relations
- celebrate Islamic festivals to appreciate the Islamic culture.