CBC PP1 Curriculum Design- Sub Strand 4.7 Writing Practice
Specific Learning Outcomes
By the end of the substrand, the learner should be able to:
- Write letters of the alphabet correctly in class.
- Take pleasure in using basic tools for writing in class.
- Enjoy participating in writing practice activities in class.
Suggested Learning Experiences
- Learners could be encouraged to join dots to make letters of the alphabet
- Learners could be encouraged to trace and copy letters of the alphabet.
- Learners could practise writing letters of the alphabet using ICT letter writing games
- Learners could be guided to write letters of the alphabet in sand trays, slate boards and writing books.
- Learners could be involved in making patterns using letters of the alphabet.
- In pairs and in small groups, learners could make patterns using letters of the alphabet.
Key Inquiry Questions
activities are required for writing practice?
resources would you use for writing practice?
Core Competences: • Learning to learn, Digital literacy.
Link to PCI: Citizenship: Social integrationLife-skills: Creative thinking
Link to Values: Unity, respect.
Links to other Activity Areas:
Psychomotor and Creative Activities
Suggested community service learning
Organise for learners to write letters of the alphabet on worksheets and display for parents to view and appreciate during the school open day.
Suggested Non-formal activity to support learning through application Invite an ICT person to guide learners on letter writing practise using ICT devices.
Suggested assessment: oral questions, observation, portfolio
Teaching/ Learning Resources: Letter cut outs, pattern outlines, radio programmes, digital letter writing games, slate boards, worksheets, pencils, crayons, books, ICT devices
Suggested Assessment Rubrics
Consistently writes letter patterns and letters of the alphabet correctly.
Writes letter patterns and most letters of the alphabet of correctly.
Writes letter patterns and some letters of the .alphabet correctly.
With guidance writes letter patterns but writes few letters correctly.