SUB STRAND 1: MY PURPOSE
Purpose – is the reason for which something is done or was created for; purpose is why something exists.
God created each one of us with a purpose.
What we want to do in the future is our plan. Plan helps us to do what God created us for. These plans are our purposes.
The plans that God has for us are His purpose for our lives.
We should live according to God’s plan in order to fulfill His purpose for our lives.
It is a natural ability to do something Talent is a special a special gift from God Examples of talents include:
Fig. 1.1 Talented choir team
- Are skills that enable us to do things well.
- We should use the God given abilities and Talents well
- Learners should seek advices how to use talents and abilities well.
- They should pray to God to help them use their talents and abilities responsibly
- Learners can use various values to nurture their talents; these values include love, respect, integrity and unity.
- We can use also nurture our talents by serving others and practicing daily
- Leaners in groups list various talents and abilities
- Leaners read in turns Exodus 31:3 and share the teaching with the teachers and class
- What are the benefits of serving others?
MARRIAGE AND FAMILY
Marriage – is an institution that was ordained by God.
During creation God created Man,
Woman was created from man rib
Types of marriages in the society
- Christian marriage
- Customary marriage
- Civil marriage
- Christian marriage – starts with a commitment before God to be faithful to each other.
- Customary marriage – it takes place according to the custom of the community
- Civil marriage- is a marriage that takes place in front of magistrate and a marriage certificate issued
NOTE; Learners in pairs read the Book of Genesis 2:20-24 and discuss the bible teaching on marriage
Reasons for discouraging early marriage
- It violet children’s right to education
- Result to domestic violence
- Result to rape cases
- Result to unemployment opportunities
God rested on the seventh day because all that he had created was goo
He also wanted to teach as that we should rest
Leaners in turns Read Genesis 2:1-3 and discuss why God rested Learners Read 1 Timothy 5:13 outline the importance of leisure
Leisure- is a time when you are not working or you are not occupied
Leisure time was a gift from God
Leisure should be properly use in participating in activities such as
- Reading story books and novels
- Planting trees
- Hiking and playing
- Watching television
- Playing video games and reading
Forms of leisure
- Passive leisure
- Active leisure
Importance of leisure
- Lowers depression
- Improve good qualities of life
- Lowers stress
Inappropriate ways of using leisure time
- Watching pornographic videos
Christians can use their leisure time to visit the orphanage, sick in the hospital and also participate in church activities
The values that can help Christian to use their leisure time properly includes
- Hard work
In Groups learners Watch a video clip on positive leisure activities and mention examples of leisure activities.
STRAND 2: THE BIBLE
The Bible as an inspired word of God
It contains the word of God which is useful for teaching the truths and rebuking the wrongs doings
Bible helps us correct faults and backslides in our daily life activities
It gives us the right instruction for the living
The bible was written by different authors that were inspired by the Holy Spirit
In Groups Learners read the book of 1 Timothy 3:16-17 and explain the meaning of the text to class
Some of the authors of the bible were;
Some books wrote by Moses includes;
The bible is different from other books because it contains the word of lord and was written by authors that were inspired by the Holy Spirit.
Books wrote by Paul includes:
Peter wrote the book 1st and 2ND peter
The bible was translated into various languages
Reasons why the bible was translated into various language
To help missionaries spread the word of God easily
Help to put the Word of God intro language where local people could understand
To speed the spread of Christianity
To enable the missionary to learn and understand the local languages
The message of the missionaries was able to reach large volume of people because the language of communication was familiar
Impact of bible translations
- More Africans learnt how to read and write hence were able to read the bible by themselves
- Lead to the spread of Christianity
- Lead to establishment of western education
- Use digital devices to search on reasons that led to translation of the
Bible to local languages and present the finding to the class
- Identify the author of the following books
The Ten Commandments
The Ten Commandments are laws given by God to Moses on Mt. Sinai
Read exodus 20:3-17 and discuss the Ten Commandments
The first four commandment of Moses explains how we should relate to God The fifth commandment to the tenth commandment teaches Christians how to relate to each other for harmonious living
The ten commandment teachers us different values and skills as Christians
Some of the important values include
- Honesty and contentment
Way in which Christians depend on God to overcome challenges
Through asking for forgiveness
By fasting while praying
Faith in God
The story of Elisha an axe- head teaches Christian to have faith in God
Elisha recovered an exe- head because he had faith in God
When we have faith in good we experience great things
We should be persistence in prayer to make our faith get stronger day by day
Learners in groups read the story of Elisha recovering an axe head from the book of 2 kings 6:1-7.
Fig 2.2 Elisha recovering an axe head – 2 kings 6:1-7
Joseph was so persistent in prayers that he got blessings
As Christians we should be persistence in prayers. The story of Jacob wresting with God teaches us to always remain in prayer
The story of Jacob wrestling with angel is Jacob wrestling with the angel is described in Genesis (32:22–32; also referenced in Hosea 12:3–5).
We should ever remain patient determined, humble and responsible and loyal
Fig 2.3 Jacob wrestling with angel