GRADE 7 TOPICAL REVISION QUESTIONS.
PRE TECHNICAL & PRE CAREER STUDIES.
STRAND 1: SAFETY
- What is safety?
- A ___ is something that could cause harm fo someone.
- A hazard may cause or ___ ill health.
- Hazards in science include __ fire and pathogens.
- The chance of a hazard causing harm is called the ___.
- If you wanted to convey the most severe type of hazard, which word would you use? (warning, notice, danger, caution)
- Identify four types of health hazards
- Give two safety rules and precautions to prevent hazards (harm)
- A hazard can be ___ (behavioral, potential, physical, biological)
- Identify 2 potential safety career opportunities
- What is an injury?
- Identify three types of injuries.
- Give four causes of injuries to your body?
- What are the first aid requirements for the following injuries:
- Sprain and strains
5. Identify two careers one can study in First Aid and management of injuries.
STRAND 2: MATERIALS
METALS AND NON-METALS
- Give the common name and chemical name of an ore of
- Distinguish between properties of metals and nonmetals with reference to
- Conduction of heat and electricity
- Melting and boiling point
3. State the use of the following metals in daily life.
- Identify two groups of metals.
- State two properties of ferrous metals?
- Give three properties of non – metals.
- Non metals are?
- Identify two career opportunities of use of metals and non – metals.
STRAND 3: TOOLS
HOUSEHOLD HAND TOOLS
- Identify two household hand tools
- State the use of the following tools ; daily life
- What kind of hammer should be useq on machined surfaces?
- Can pliers be used for tightening and loosening small nuts? (Yes or No) Reason?
- State the use of the following farm ; hand tools in daily life.
6. State three ways of maintaining farm tools.
Grade 7 (JSS) Pre-Technical Topical Revision Questions and Answers
STRAND 4: DRAWING
1. Give the meaning of the following terms:
- Technical drawing
- Artistic drawing
- Who uses technical drawing?
- Another name for Technical drawing is?
- Engineering drawing is a form of? (Communication, drawing, European language)
- Technical drawings must
- Include dimensions
- Include labels
- Be drawn on special paper
- All of the answers are correct
6. Which tool is used to draw horizontal line?
(T square, protractor, divider, 30 x 60 triangle)
7. What is the name of this drawing instrument
STRAND 3: ENERGY RESOURCES
- Name a non-renewable energy resource that is not a fossil fuel.
- State three disadvantages of wind power.
- Name two materials that we can burn in order to get energy from ‘Biomass’
- Identify two renewable sources of energy.
S. Differentiate between renewable and non – renewable sources of energy.
- State two advantages of renewable energy.
- Give four uses of energy in everyday life.
- Identify two careers related to energy.
- State four forms of energy.
- State the uses of the following forms of energy in our daily life
- Heat energy
- Sound energy
- Light energy
PRE TECHNICAL & PRE CAREER STUDIES
MODEL TEST PAPERS
MODEL PAPER 1
- What is personal safety?
- What are the three major hazards?
3, A hazard is anything that could cause?
- What is the importance of hazard identification?
- Identify three basic safety rules?
- Why is it important to prevent hazards?
- Hazard is science include ___ and fire.
- The more familiar a person is with a hazard, the ____.
(number of people harmed each year, less risky they perceive the hazard)
- An example of a visible risk would be
10.Who should you notify right away about an accident in school?
11.What are the factors that cause injury?
- Which injury is most common?
- What is the most injured part of the body?
- Give two ways how injuries can be prevented?
- What type of injury is strain?
- What is the first aid requirement for a burn injury?
17.Describe the term medical malpractice?
- State three importance of first aid?
- What are the two main aims of first aid?
- What is the correct sequence for the primary survey
- Damage, Response, Airway, Breathing
- Danger, Response, Airway, Breathing
- Danger, Reply, Airway, Breathing
MODEL PAPER 2
- What are metals?
- List five properties of metals.
- Diamond is a metal or non-metal?
- List three differences between metals and non-metals.
- What are three uses of non-metals?
- What property of copper makes it suitable for electrical wiring?
- Name a metal which
- ls the best conductor of heat
- Is most ductile
- A metal which exist as a liquid at room temperature is?
- The poorest conductor of heat among metals is? 10. Mention the physical properties of non-metals.
11. Give two physical properties of ferrous metals?
12.What are natural materials?
- Name three synthetic materials?
- What is the importance of a stainless steel?
15.___ is used to galvanise iron and steel to prevent ___.
16. Using a table categorize non metallic material into synthetic and natural materials.