Specific Learning Outcomes
By the end of the sub strand, the learner should be able to:-
a) use various forms of the verb to have as a main verb to talk about months of the year, o’clock, “am” and “pm” for effective communication,
- recognise correct use of the forms of the verb to have in different contexts,
- appreciate the correct use of the verb to have for effective communication.
Suggested Learning Experiences
- In groups learners recite a rhyme containing the forms of the verb to have.
- Learners work in pairs to construct sentences using singular and plural subjects on different forms of the verb to have.
- In pairs and groups, learners construct sentences based on pictures illustrating the verb to have.
- Learners construct sentences based on time and number of days in some months.
- Learners construct sentences on the things they have at home and at school.
- Learners listen to a story, poem or conversation containing forms of the verbs to have.
Key Inquiry Question(s)
- How many eyes, ears, mouths, do you have?
- How many eyes, mouths, ears does Jane/John have?
Core Competences to be developed: Communication and collaboration through construction of using the verb to have, in pairs and groups, Self efficacy as learners construct sentences on the things they have at home and at school.
Link to PCIs: Life skills -self awareness (learners construct sentences based on their body parts)
Links to other subjects : Science, Religious Education
Suggested non-formal activity to support learning: Using the form to have during play and their free time to improve communication .
Suggested Learning Resources: Realia, charts, pictures/ photographs and audio-visual recordings of dialogues with the verb to have.
Link to Values: Unity, Respect
Suggested Community Service Learning activities: Getting involved in a discussion about what they have and asking what other people in the community have .
Suggested assessment: Oral questions, portfolio, observation
Suggested Formative Assessment Rubric
Learner constructs different correct sentences with various forms of the verb “to have” with a lot of ease.
Learner constructs correct sentences with forms of the verb “to have” with ease.
Learner constructs correct sentences with various forms of the verb “to have” with some difficulty.
Learner constructs correct sentences with various forms of the verb “to have” with a lot of difficulty.