Specific Learning Outcomes for Sub-strands 11.1 creating and composing rhythmic patterns
By the end of the sub-strand the leaner should be able to:
- Produce rhythmic patterns using body for strength and body coordination
- Creating various rhythmic patterns for talent development
- Play simple percussion instruments for fun
Suggested Learning Experience
- Guide learners to;
- create free rhythmic pattern.
- Could watch films on different rhythmic patterns from videos and films.
- Identify percussion instruments
- Practice playing simple percussion instruments in pairs and in small groups.
- Observe safety as they play and store materials
Key Inquiry Questions
- What percussion instruments do we use to create rhythmic patterns?
- Which percussion instruments did you use?
- How do you play different percussion instruments?
- Digital literacy – as they watch films and videos
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Imagination and creativity
- Communication and collaboration
Education For Sustainable Development – Disaster Risk Reduction; Safety
Link to Pertinent and Contemporary Issues
Link to other learning areas:
• Environmental and Language
Non-Formal Activity to support learning through application:
• Music Festival
Link to Core Values
Suggested Community service learning
• Playing percussion with their siblings
Questions and answer
- Can name electronic gadgets
- Uses the gadgets confidently
- can name electronic gadgets
- can freely use the gadgets
- may not name some electronic gadgets
- uses the gadgets with assistance
- cannot name electronic gadgets
- cannot sue the gadgets