Specific learning outcomes for Sub-strands 12.1 Locomotive
By the end of the sub-strand the leaner should be able to:
- acquire stretching and bending skills for muscle development.
- bending and stretching for body co-ordination
- have fun as they stretch and bend
Suggested learning experience
- Learners to stretch and bend freely
- Learners guided to perform stretching and bending activities
- Organize learners to observe safety precautions as they stretch and bend
- Learners appreciate own and
Key inquiry questions
- Which activity did you perform?
- Which activity did you enjoy?
- How did you feel as your partner performed the activities?
- Communication and collaboration – when working in groups
- Self-efficacy – as they express their emotions during performance
Link to Pertinent and Contemporary Issues
Education For Sustainable Development – Safety
• Life Skills – assertiveness
Link to other learning areas:
- Religious Activities
Non-Formal Activity to support learning through application:
• Gymnastics/fun games
Link to Core Values
Suggested Community service learning
• Learn from their siblings at school and at home
• Observation, observation checklist, question and answers, peer assessment
Suggested Assessment Rubrics
- Can stretch and bend accurately
- Can show the effective development of fine and gross motor skills
- Can follow the styles/steps of doing activities well
- Has ability to change from one activity to the other i.e. bending, stretching and squatting
- Can fairly stretch and bend
- Fairly display effectively development of fine and gross motor skills in activities
- Can follow direction of doing activities fairly well i.e. bend, stretch etc.
- The motor skills fairly developed but cannot do activities accurately
- Follow directions for some
- Gets fatigued very past
- Has very little muscle control
- Gets fatigued fast
- Cannot follow the directions of doing activities well