Specific Learning Outcomes for Sub-strand 14.2 Water orientation
By the end of the sub-strand the leaner should be able to:
- Demonstrate ability to take care of themselves when playing
with water for personal safety
- Demonstrate basic swimming skills for talent development
- Have fun when playing with in in water
Suggested Learning Experience
- Guide learners interact with water freely.
- Guide them to practice basic safety precautions when playing with water.
- Guide them to adjusting in water in the pool.
- Sing routine songs as they enter and exit water. Walking in a baby pool
- Guide learners to demonstrate basic swimming styles in turns
Key Inquiry Questions
- What are some of the improvised pools you used?
- How do you feel while in water?
- What do you do before entering the pool?
• Critical thinking and problem solving
Link to Pertinent and Contemporary Issues
Education For Sustainable Development – Safety
- Life skills – making choices
- LSP – Sports and Games
- Health Education – personal hygiene
Link to other learning areas:
• Environmental, Language
Non-Formal Activity to support learning through application:
Link to Core Values
Suggested Community service learning
• A nature walk to a river/poor
Question and answer, observation, checklist
Suggested Assessment Rubrics
- Follows the rules for safety
- Take care of him/herself when playing with water
- Swim for talent development
- Can take care of him/herself when playing with water
- Swim without being guided
- Can follow some rules for safety
- May not be able to take care of himself/herself when playing with water
- Swim with assistance
- May be able to follow some rules
- Take care of him/herself when playing with water with assistance
- Cannot swim
- Cannot follow the rules correctly