Specific Learning Outcomes for Sub-strand 1.1 Myself
By the end of the sub- strand the learner should be able to;
- tell their names for identity
- identify their sex for self-awareness
- identify body parts
(head, hands and legs)
- appreciate oneself for self-esteem
- Learners are guided to tell their names
- Learners sing songs about their names and sex
- Learners are guided to group themselves according to sex
- Learners are guided on picture reading categorizing boys and girls
- Learners are guided to identify body parts (head hands and legs)
- Learners are guided on picture reading on body parts from charts
- Learners sing songs on body
- In groups learners sing songs about themselves.
Key Inquiry Question(s)
- What is your name?
- Are you a boy or a girl?
- Which are your body parts?
Core Competencies to be developed:
- Learning to learn – knowing their names and sex
- Self- efficacy-identifying self by name and sex
- Collaboration and communication through picture reading and group work
Link to Pertinent and contemporary Issues(PCI’s):
- Education for Sustainable Development(ESD): Gender issues in education, gender awareness- learners identify their sex for self-awareness
- Life skills – self-awareness and self-esteem: knowing and loving myself, personal identity as learners tell their names
Links to other learning areas:
- Language activities
- Psychomotor and creative activities
• Mathematical activities
Suggested non-formal activity to support learning:
• Role play
• Charts, picture books, plasticine/clay
Link to values:
Suggested community service learning activities:
• Parental engagement: in providing safety to children and helping children to accept and understand themselves and appreciating their children
- Oral questions
Suggested Assessment Rubrics
Able to tell their names for identity, identify their sex for selfawareness, identifying body parts, appreciate oneself for self-esteem besides identifying classmate for interpersonal relationship.
Able to tell their names for identity, identify their sex for selfawareness, identifying body parts, appreciate oneself for self-esteem.
Able to tell their names, identify their sex for self-awareness, identifying body parts.
Unable to tell their names for identity, identify their sex for selfawareness.