By the end of the sub strand the learner should be able to: a) exhibit appropriate manners of entering and leaving the toilet
- identify proper way of toileting in their day to day life
- demonstrate proper use of water during toileting
Suggested Learning Experiences
- Learners are guided on entering and leaving the toilet according to Islamic teachings through use of digital educational materials.
- Learners are shown charts displaying the proper use of toilet.
- Learners sing simple songs/ qasida/ Anashid on toilet manners.
- Learners are guided to demonstrate proper way of toileting and use of water.
- Learners sequence pictures showing proper use of toilet (four different pictures i.e.entering toilet with left foot, use of toilet while sitting/squatting, leaving toilet with right foot and hand washing).
Key Inquiry Questions
- How do we enter
and leave the toilet?
- How do we use the toilet properly?
- What do we do after leaving the toilet?
Core competence to be developed: Self efficacy
Link to PCIs: Life skills: Skills of knowing and living with oneself – self awareness and self-esteem, Effective Decision making ,making choices, washing hands
Learner support Programme: Guidance, hygiene and etiquette,
Parental: empowerment and engagement: Guidance
Link to other Activity Areas: Environmental Activities
Suggested non formal activity to support learning: Practice proper manners of toileting at school.
Suggested Resources: Pictures, digital materials, charts, water, bottles, toilet papers
Link to Values: Responsibility
Suggested Community Service Learning Activities: Fill water in portable containers for use in the toilet at home
Suggested Assessment: Observation, oral question, portfolio
Suggested Assessment Rubrics
Always uses the left foot when entering the toilet and leaves with the right foot and says the dua respectively
Properly uses the toilet independently
Always uses the left foot when entering the toilet and leaves with the right foot
Able to use the toilet independently
Sometimes uses the correct foot
when entering and leaving the toilet
Able to use the toilet with minimal assistance
Rarely uses the correct foot when entering and leaving the toilet
Uses the toilet with assistance