Grade 6 Creative Arts and Social Studies Questions and Answers
November 2022 – 1 hour 40 minutes
- Pambani is in the process of creating a montage composition based on wildlife conservation to be placed at the art curiosity corner as indicated in the
Which one of the steps best fits in the space marked X on the diagram?
- Pasting the pictures in a line.
- Pasting the pictures randomly.
- Pasting the pictures by overlapping.
- Pasting pictures while leaving spaces around them.
- Rika took a photograph of a ladybird. At what angle was Rika’s view if the ladybird looked actual?
- Aerial view
- Birds eye view
- Worms eye view
- Normal eye view
- The following are ways to critique each other’s artwork in class. Which one is not?
- Giving helpful suggestions
- Keeping your opinion to yourself
- Respecting each other’s opinion
- Giving honest and positive comments.
- A group of learners were investigating how primary and secondary colours change when mixed in equall amounts. They selected two primary colours and two secondary colours for the experiment and recorded the results on a table. Based on the experiment results, which set of colours best identifies the boxes labelled X, Y, and Z?
- X Yellow
- X Blue
- X Yellow
- X Blue
- X Yellow
- Wangari and Mayo decided to do a leaf print using a block cut out of an old slipper as shown below.
Which one of the following correctly shows the printed motif?
- Mwadine used coloured sand to decorate block letters but the sand fell off the paper.
Which of the statements best describes why the sand fell off the paper?
- The sand was very heavy.
- The paper was very rough.
- The adhesive was unsuitable.
- The colour in the sand made it not stick.
- The statements below describe the steps to be followed when making a table mat from sisal using coil and stitch technique.
- pin the rope and sew in place to secure the centre
- continue coiling around as you sew in place
- twist the sisal into a rope
- connect the coils and complete the mat
Arrange the statements in the correct order.
- iv, ii, iii, i
- iii, i, ii, iv
- i, ii, iii, iv
- iii, i, iv, ii
- Kantai modelled a slab container and decorated it at the leather hard stage using. wet pellets which fell off.
What would have been the cause?
- The slip was too wet.
- The walls of the container were too thin.
- The surface of the container were too thick to hold slip.
- The surface was not scratched before attaching the pellets with slip.
- You are collecting information for your Grade 6 national assessment project and have come across good artwork.
Which would be the correct way of using the artwork?
- Copy and trace the artwork.
- Edit the artwork and use it.
- Seek permission from the artist.
- Take a photograph when no one is watching.
- Which of the following is the correct order to follow when making a pot using coiling technique?
- Form base, add coils, roll out coils and scratch edges.
- Form base, scratch edges, roll out coils and add coils.
- Add coils, form base, roll out coils and scratch edges.
- Form base, add coils, scratch edges and roll out coils.
- Which type of song is sung to show love for one’s country?
- Action song.
- Sacred song.
- Patriotic song
- Topical song.
- The main role of a soloist in a folk song is to
- play musical instruments
- entertain the audience
- lead the performance
- train the choir.
- Which of the sentences below is the last line of the first stanza of the Kenya National Anthem?
- Firm may we stand to defend
- Fill every heart with thanksgiving
- Plenty be found within our borders
- Service be our ernest endeavour
- Which of the following is not a way of tuning Kenyan indigenous drums?
- Tightening laces
- Rubbing the membrane
- Tightening pegs
- Warming the membrane
- Which of these statements about the descant recorder is false?
- It is a wind instrument.
- It should be cleaned before and after playing.
- It is played by bowing.
- It should be properly assembled.
- Which of the following words best describe how a lullaby should be sung?
- Loudly and softly
- Softly and sadly
- Slowly and softly
- Fast and softly
- We can respond to music in the following ways except
- dancing to the music
- talking while listening to the music
- talking about the music
- clapping to the rhythm of the music.
- …………………….are examples of ornaments used in a Kenyan folk dance.
- Face paintings, hand paintings and jingles
- Necklace, bangles and anklets
- Face paintings, jingles and headgear
- Costumes, jingles and necklaces
- Study the rhythm below:
Which of the sentences below cannot be fitted to the rhythm above?
- Twende tukalime shamba
- Tuhifadhi mazingira
- Nahisi njaa sana
- Nina furaha moyoni
- Below are diagrams of two Kenyan indigenous instruments. Which statement is true about the instruments above?
- They have a resonator and can play a melody.
- They are tuned the same way and can play a melody.
- They have a resonator and are played the same way.
- They are made of the sarne material and are made the same way.
- A grade six teacher has asked the learners to identify the country that borders Kenya to the North West. The country is
- South Sudan.
- During a visit to the museum, grade five learners asked an officer why they take care of historical built environments? The correct response was, to protect
- them from visitors
- them from destruction
- our natural environment
- our beautiful country.
- Grade six learners went for a field trip and saw an ox bow lake. After the trip, the teacher told them to draw the feature they saw. Which of the following diagrams is correct?
- The following are characteristics of a type of vegetation:
- tall trees.
- trees close together.
- huge roots.
- climbing plants.
This type of vegetation is called